SSC CHSL 2019 Notification (10+2), Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Dates, Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) exam every year for recruitment in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam for recruitment to various posts like:
• Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
• Data Entry Operator (DEO).
• Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
• Court Clerk.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates 2019
- Dates for submission of online applications: 05.03.2019 to 05.04.2019
- Last date for receipt of application: 05.04.2019 (up to 5.00 P.M.)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 09.04.2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019
- Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): 29.09.2019
SSC CHSL 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality/Citizenship: A candidate must be either (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 01st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt. of India.
Educational Qualification (As on 01.08.2019) :
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2019 Online Application
The online application for SSC CHSL 2019 exam has started on 5th March, 2019. The last date to apply online SSC CHSL 2019 Exam is 5th April, 2019
SSC CHSL Salary: Pay Scale
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Application Fee
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/–
- Exemption:No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-08-2019 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001)
Upper Age Limit:
Permissible relaxations of Upper age limit for different categories are as under:
- SC/ST 5 years
- OBC 3 years
- PH 10 years
- PH + OBC 13 years
- PH + SC/ST 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved / General) – 03 years after deduction of the military
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC) – 06 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date
- Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) – 08 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) – Up to 40 years of age
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) – Up to 43 years of age
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried – Up to 35 years of age
- 13 Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST) – Up to 40 years of age
- 14 Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces – Up to 45 years of age
- 15 Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST) – Up to 50 years of age
- 16 Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies ) – 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.
SSC CHSL 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I. There may be separate cut-offs for different posts i.e. DEO, DEO Grade ‘A’, LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination the basis of their performance in (Tier-I + Tier-II) subject to having minimum score of 33% in Tier-II.
- Tier-III Examination i.e., Skill Test will be of qualifying type. The candidates who qualify Tier-III will be called for Document Verification to check the eligibility of candidates as per information given by him/ her in the online Application Form
- Final allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending on their merit position and the option exercised by them during document verification
- Provided that SC, ST, OBC, and PH candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, along with candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST, OBC, and PH candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies as per their position in the overall Merit List
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
- The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk
- Applicants will get 2 hours to solve the question paper and negative marking will be of one-fourth per question. The written examination is based on objective type questions on the following main topics
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections- English language, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Quantitative aptitude
- There will be total 50 questions allotted to each section and the total marks for each section will be 50. The duration of the examination will be 2 hours. The questions will be of MCQ type. The question paper will be available in both Hindi and English language for Section I, III and IV
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer
- General Intelligence – 50 marks
- English Language – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks
- Written examination consists of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Answer Keys will be placed on Commission’s website after written examination.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
- There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
- The questions are based on 10 level.
- The exam is qualifying in nature.
- Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CHSl Exam 2019 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes .
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Centres
- A candidate must indicate the Centre in the Application Form in which he/she desires to take the Tier I exam
Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gangtok, Ranchi, Barasat, Berhmpore, Chinsurah, Jalpaiguri, Kolkata, Malda, Midnapur, Siliguri, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Keonjhargarh, Sambalpur, Port Blair, Bangalore, Dharwar, Gulbarga , Mangalore, Mysore, Kochi, Kozhikode (Calicut), Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Almora, Dehradun, Haldwani, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Haridwar, Delhi, Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sriganganagar, Udaipur, New Delhi, Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Guwahati (Dispur), Jorhat, Silchar, Kohima, Shillong, Imphal, Churachandpur, Agartala, Aizwal Guntur, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli , Puducherry Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Bhavnagar, Kutch, Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Thane Bhandara, Chandrapur, Akola, Jalgaon, Panaji, Anantnag, Baramula, Jammu, Leh, Rajouri, Srinagar(J&K), Kargil, Dodda, Hamirpur, Shimla, Bhathinda, Jalandhar, Patiala, Amritsar, Chandigarh
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 05-04-2019 (5.00 PM).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The Commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CHSL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CHSL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
SSC CHSL Cut Off
SSC CHSL Tier I Result has been declared by SSC and here’s the cut off. Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2018:
SSC CHSL 2018 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
SSC CHSL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks||Candidate Available|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019 – 20 SSC LDC DEO 10+2 Apply Online, SSC Recruitment 2019 – Apply Online for CHSL (10+2) Exam, SSC CHSL 2019 Notification, Exam Dates Out, SSC CHSL 2018-19 Notification Out, Apply online for 3259 Posts, SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019 – SSC 3259 CHSL 10+2 Online Form, SSC CHSL 2019 – Notification Out | Exam Dates & Pattern, SSC CHSL 2019 Notification, Application Form & Eligibility Criteria…